ALBANIAN HIGHER EDUCATION CHALLANGE
1. Bologna Process
University education in Europe is undergoing a revolution. European institutions of higher education have accepts the challenge and have taken a primary role in the creation of the European Space of Higher Education, with the implementation of the Bologna Process, which counts till now seven important steps and where the most relevant documents are:
• Magna Charta Universitatum : “The role that Universities have to play in a multinational society” (Bologna, 18 September 1988).
• Lisbon Convention: “For acknowledging proffessional qualifications of higher education in the European region” compiled from the EC and UNESCO (8 -11 April 1997).
• Sorbonne Joint Declaration: ‘Harmonization of the system architecture of European higher education” Paris, Sorbonne, 25 May1998)
• Bologna Declaration : “Construction of the European Space of Higher Education” (Bologna, 19 June 1999).
• Salamanca Congress : “Formation of the European area of Higher Education” Salamanca, 29 - 30 March 2001.