In the framework of implementing the principle of lifelong learning, adult education in Albania, is carried in several major forms through:
• Special programs of compulsory education being offered to persons aged over 16 years and who have not completed compulsory education;
• Special programs of secondary education offered by high schools part-time for adults and who are interested to complete secondary education;
• The formal system of vocational training courses (Vocational Training), offered for youth and adults from public centers and non-public vocational training recognized by MoLSAEO;
• Programs (formal and informal) of staff development, public institutions that implement training and qualification of their personnel;
• informal training programs that implement the enterprise and private businesses to develop their professional staff;
• non-formal system of training offered to various categories of adults by public and non-public and various organizations (especially donor projects and NGOs);
• Actions of informal learning and exchange of experiences on offer for adults in diverse forms.
HEI offer programs of lifelong learning. These programs serve to short-term specialization, additions, and ongoing deepening knowledge. They can be and advanced research programs that assist individuals in increasing the qualification and their professional skills.
In the framework of learning throughout life, higher education institutions also organize various other forms of learning, such as summer schools (or similar activity) at the conclusion of which they issue certificates.
NAEPF is technically the institution that supports MoES with the development of policies for adult education and lifelong learning.